Tuesday, July 13, 2010

One of the the reasons I am glad to be a stay-at-home-mom is that I rarely have to wake my kids up. They tend to be early risers anyway, no matter what time they go to bed, but sometimes we do have to be somewhere early. This morning I had an 8:00 dentist appointment so I had to take the kids over to a friend's house at 7:40. I gently woke Will up at 7:20 and he immediately screamed at me and told me to get out of his room. He didn't stop screaming and crying until after I left him at the Howell's. I literally had to drag him kicking and screaming out of our house, hold him down as I buckled him into his car seat, and then drag him kicking and screaming into their house. What a way to start off a play date. He sweetened up quickly and ended up having a good time with his friend, Natalie. Maggie was a lot easier to get up and she didn't mind being left at someone's house. I could not do that every day and go to work.

2 comments:

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said...

I have to say that this is one of my favorite parts of stay-at-home motherhood too. I love watching my daughter sleep and then wake up on her own schedule - it makes me smile inside =)

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com

JoEllen said...

wow, that is awesome