Saturday, June 19, 2010

This past week I picked quite a few blackberries. We have been eating them and still have some left over. They don't keep well and I found I had a container of mush-y berries yesterday. I decided to try and make freezer jam out of it. I was shocked to see that for 3 cups of berries you put in 5 1/4 cups of sugar. Who knew that jam had that much sugar in it? Well, the freezer jam didn't turn out. It didn't gel completely and there are still sugar grains in it. Tyler said it was way too sweet and I have to agree with him. I can't decide if I should freeze it or chuck it. So, for now it is sitting on the counter waiting for me to decide it's fate.

2 comments:

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

I would freeze some and the see how it tastes afterward. Sometimes our jam is better once it's been frozen and then thawed, so you never know.

And, I love Maggie's new bed.

Mandy said...

You should just let it go. I always try to salvage it for one reason or another and just end up tossing it the next year.